Sunday 28 August 2011

Be a candle


Held in soft clasp of my fingers, the burning candle lightened up the dark, gloomy room, as soon as I stepped at its threshold. Within a matter of seconds, I could make out my way, I was able to see my stuff around and was even able to manage them, I could easily behold my mom's shimmering face and faintly gleaming lips that were ready to pass a command for me.The fine rays of flickering, dancing fire at the head of the candle so calmly gave its light to brighten the room and aided me.

diminishing and diminishing as if a moon waning
diminishing and diminishing as if a moon waning
My eyes fell on the little candle, which by then, I had placed on the table. The candle was diminishing and diminishing as if a moon waning. It would say good bye in a few minutes and as it would die out, the room will sunk back again in its obscurity. However, it would be remembered for its beneficence and perhaps it was contented to pass away after pleasing and helping others.
be a candle
be a candle
It was just then, when the thought hit my head...'why can't we humans be a candle...why can't we share our light to enlighten the world...why can't we or why don't we assist others just as this candle...why can't we help others to reform...why can't we put aside our personal gains and work for a better society, better country and a better world unitedly'
The thing which can definitely bring about a change in this world is helping the humans and the humanity. Stretch your hand out for others, spread your rays, shine brightly and die peacefully...in short, 'be a candle.'

4 comments: